EXCLUSIVE USE: Not available
PRIVATE PIER: No
SEASONALITY: March - November
OVERNIGHT CAPACITY: N/A
EVENT CAPACITY: 150 guests (ceremony
and aperitif only)
DISTANCE FROM COMO CITY CENTER
BY CAR: 32Km
Villa Carlotta is located in Tremezzo, and it was built at the end of 17th century by Giorgio Clerici, a Milanese marquis.
In 1801, the property was sold to Giovanni Battista Sommariva, a banker and politician part of the Napoleonic government. As many other villas, Villa Carlotta passed under different ownerships through time. In 1843, Princess Marianna of Prussia, bought the property but with the entry of Italy in the First World War, the villa, owned at the time by a German, ended up becoming property of the Italian state.
Nowadays the villa is under the responsibility and guidance of the Ente Villa Carlotta, a charitable foundation constituted by royal decree on the 12 of May 1927. The Villa still preserve is magnificent gardens and interiors that are very much appreciated by art enthusiastic. One of the main attraction of Villa Carlotta is the sculpture of Eros and Psyche by Adamo Tadolini. This is a marble copy taken from the original model used by Antonio Canova for the sculpture commissioned by the Russian prince Yussupoff.